Thursday, July 4, 2013

Hello from the Scratched Camera!

As my introduction says, I'm K.A. Saylor.  English teacher, aspiring author, and nerd enthusiast.  Sarcastic, snarky, snarcastic, smart-ass, straightforward and straight silly.    

The concept of this blog only occurred to me recently.  While discussing several characters from a certain television show in-depthly, I found myself having questions that I wanted answered.  Does everyone hate River Song, or is it just me?  Do people actually like Angel over Spike?  Who's a better character--Veronica Mars or Buffy Summers?  

When I set about to find these answers, I had shockingly little luck.  There were a few blogs that discussed the type of material I craved, but nothing on the large scale that I hoped to find.  

Therefore, I decided on creating this.  This blog will choose various characters from a variety of platforms (television, books, movies) and seek to analyze them:  the good, the bad, the ugly.  Is that character a good role model?  Are they realistic?  Can you relate to them?  

The analysis will, of course, be done with as little bias as possible.  But, I feel it's almost impossible to keep all opinion out of an analysis.  Hence, Scratched Camera.  We all look at things through a bit of a scratched camera--we bring our own biases and baggage to the table and apply those things to a character, perhaps more than we intend to.  This allows us a little leeway on this blog--if you disagree with my opinion, you are free to bring your own to the comments.  As my introduction also indicates, I'm always eager for a debate.  

So welcome to Scratched Camera, come for the analysis and stay for the absurdity!

For information on how I got to be this crazy, check out my story.  
For frequent updates on blog posts, the publication of my novel and the insanity that is my mind, follow me on Twitter, and/or follow my personal Tumblr.  
To submit post topic suggestions, email character name and source material to scratched.camera@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment